The 2015 Civil Contractors’ Excellence Award Winners were announced recently at the conclusion of the Civil Contractors’ New Zealand Annual Conference in Taupo.
The awards honoured construction excellence, individual contribution, and training and development.
The winners in the Hirepool Construction Excellence Awards were:
- Bridge IT for their work on the McLaren Falls Pedestrian Bridge in the under $0.5 million category;
- Steve Bowling Contracting for the Kotuitui Whitinga Footbridge in the $0.5 million to $ 5 million category;
- McConnell Dowell Constructors for the Waitaki Bridge Replacement in the $5 million to $30 million category;
- Fulton Hogan/HEB Alliance for the Tauranga Eastern Link in the $30 million plus category;
- Infrastructure Alliance for excellence in the maintenance and management of assets in relation to their work for the Hamilton City Council; and
- Downer New Zealand for excellence in routine maintenance for the Nelson City Council.
The Z Emerging Leader Award was won by Chris Ashton from McConnell Dowell. David Kingham of Fulton Hogan was honoured with the Z Training Development Award.
Finally in the Connexis Training and Development Company Awards:
- Construction Contracts won in the under $10 million company turnover category;
- Blakely Construction won in the $10 million to $25 million company turnover category; and
- Goodman Contractors won in the $25 million plus company turnover category.
Kensington Swan has relationships with many of the winners, and we congratulate them and all of the other winners.