Wellington City Council has allocated around $150,000 to nine of Wellington’s heritage buildings. The funds are earmarked mainly for seismic upgrades. The funds are being distributed through the Council’s Built Heritage Incentive Fund to the owners of the following heritage listed buildings:
- 59 Ghuznee Street, Albemarle Hotel
- 306 Oriental Parade, ‘Inverleith’
- 170 Karori Road, St Mary’s Anglican Church;
- 26 The Terrace, NZMA Building;
- 18 Bassett Road, St Johns Church Johnsonville;
- Avon Street, Erskine College;
- 60 Ghuznee Street
- 126 Cuba Street
- 136 Riddiford Street
Preserving these buildings will help to retain Wellington’s character and fuel the local construction industry.
Click here to read an article in Herald on this.